Thursday, November 19, 2009

A little of this and a little of that...

Why is it I feel my life really isn't that interesting but yet I feel like I am so busy all the time and I feel like I have a lot going on? I try to think back of fun things I have done so that I can post on my ole blog here and nothing comes to mind. Anybody else run into this problem? I did have the opportunity to go down to St. George with some of my girlfriends for the weekend and had so much fun. I took my camera and unfortunately forgot to take pictures... the story of my life. The weekend before that my honey and I were able to go to Park City for two nights for our 10 year anniversary. Can I hear a whoot whoot! I can't believe that I have been married for TEN years!!! Why is it I feel like I am only 23 then? I think that time stops for me and I haven't aged at all. Then I look back and my life and think man I am so old! And BORING! What ever happend to the fun exciting me? I guess the life of a mom is definately interesting from day to day, it may seem fun and exciting for other moms but very mundane and boring for the younger crowd and those without kids. My dad is always telling me that I have the life of Ryley- so I guess I should embrace this life and run with it right!?
We had pie making class at my house a few weeks ago and I was able to 'flute' a pie. I have to tell you how excited I am about this. I am such a retard when it comes to fluting. I can't tell you how many times my mom has literally held my fingers and helped me with this, and then when I tried it myself- well I just couldn't perform. So I had this class and I am so proud of my pie fluting abilities! I froze the pie crusts and brought them out for an early thanksgiving dinner with my family and my mom did not believe that I really made those, I think she thought I bought them at the store or something cause she kept looking at me and Cort back and forth thinking we were gonna start laughing or something. I will post a picture later on and you can see for yourself just how amazing I am.
Like I just mentioned my mom and dad came down for an early thanksgiving dinner at my house and it was nice to spend some time with them and enjoy quite the feast. We labored all day in the kitchen baking our little hearts out and then of course devoured that feast in about 15 minutes. So sad to see all your hard work gone so fast.
I do have to say that I am soooo excited- my little brother (1 of 4) is engaged and getting married!! I am so thrilled over this because I have been the only married sibling well, for 10 years now and couldn't be happier with his fiance. Just love her! I have been able to go look for wedding dresses and reception halls and do a lot of wedding talk-which I just love. It does make we think that I would do so many things different if I could do it all again. My how times have changed- I like the new styles and fun things they do for weddings now. It will be fun to see everything come together on their special day.
Oh yea, we had to replace our sewer line! So Merry Christmas to me and my hubby. We had a big excavator tear up our lawn and dig a big ole hole and replaced the pipe. All I have to say is I am glad snow is coming to cover up my lawn, let's hope by spring that it will look all better. I feel like our lawn has had a major surgery or something.
I will sign off for now- I hope everybody has a fantastic Thanksgiving this upcoming week. Let the holidays begin!!!
Each of us has something to be thankful for- take some time to tell somebody what you are thankful for and be happy!
*So my pictures are not uploading, I keep running into errors, so maybe another day I will upload some pix, sorry this one will be boring- maybe another day

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am thankful for u good friend! Good post...

J said...

You're cute. Love your posts. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving too!

Katie said...

Now you can post about the wedding! I too just love Landon's little bride. :) How's my baby Kade doing?

Our Two Joys:

Our Two Joys:
Bryson

Kyler